CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Memories of Grandpa - Ammon

Grandpa

I remember learning to work hard from Grandpa. Farm work isn’t easy, but he persisted and in so doing he taught me to persist also. One of my most favorite and fondest memories was going “fast over the bump” in the old blue pickup. I guess it was a little like a roller coaster in some ways. I learned how to drive the skid loader under his direction and also a few cuss words. I remember going down to the river with him and watering the pine trees that we planted. They died, but lifting the buckets of water made my muscles big. Holidays were always fun; everybody coming together and eating great food. I remember at Christmas Grandpa would read the story in Luke and I wouldn’t hear a word of it because I was too excited for my presents. The last thing that stands out in my mind was when I would come up to their house and play dice. I thought I was good at it because right when Grandpa was about to go out he would say he wanted to go out big and he would roll the dice till he zonked and he would let me win. Happy Birthday Grandpa, I love you

Ammon

0 comments: