CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Memories of Grandpa - Susan

Happy 80th Birthday

I want to thank you for being a good example, a loving father, and a valiant servant as a missionary. I have enjoyed so many good memories of my childhood. One of those was the time you would take us to head the milk cows up to the barn. On an early morning you explained the dew on the grass and what a beautiful world it has been to me ever since.

I’m thankful for your example of hard work and learning how to do things in a proper way, sometimes with just an improvised method.

I’ve been happy that you have been willing to accept and be involved with my family. All the river trips, the ice skating, the hay hauling, the fishing expeditions, the holidays, the card games, etc. etc.

Our heritage of pioneers and the ongoing generations who will bring good things where ever they are called to serve.

Thank you for so much,
I love you most

Susie


To your better half;

Thank you mom for being there to help with all the memories. I will always be glad for your example of service and your ability to lead in the church.

Thanks for smiling, for being a good ear, for loving everyone. Can’t wait for your 80th. Maybe it could be on a cruise!!

Love you most

Susie

1 comments:

susie said...

Where are the rest of you guys and the tribute. He'll be 81 in 8 months!! Get to writing. SusieQ