CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Memories of Grandpa - Anna

I remember Grandpa “getting our pigs” when our bare feet were exposed. He would grab a toe and yank it up in the air. And it would hurt, I mean, REALLY hurt! He would just chuckle and think it was so funny. And it was.

One time, at someone’s baptism, all the family was gathered. It was Luke’s first time meeting the grandparents. After the service, we all stood up in the aisle to visit. Grandpa (the giant) stepped on one of Luke’s toes and just stood there not even knowing. Luke bit his lip and was too shy to say “Ouch! There’s a giant man stepping on my toes and he won’t get off! And it HHUUURRTTTSS!!!!!” Grandpa was clueless so Luke just suffered in silence. Pretty funny stuff.

Grandpa has been a hard worker all the time I’ve known him. He has a ture heart of gold and has always been someone I have admired and looked up to. He has a strong testimony of the gospel and a true love for his true love-Grandma! I love you Grandpa. So much.

Anna Saurey Matthews

0 comments: