CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Memories of Grandpa - Kerry

5-17-08
Memories of Dad
By Kerry

I think I learned to walk fast from trying to keep up with Dad on the farm and going up and down ditch banks irrigating. People have told me many times to “slow down, you’re walking too fast.”

At BYU Honors English I was criticized by my professor for writing a too idyllic report of my childhood on the farm and walking with my dog to the river every night after school (many days anyway), hauling hay and straw with Dad and the family, riding horses with my sisters, and other things. I thought about his comments and tried to think of a way to write the story less like a fairy tale, but decided it was all true and correct the way I had written it.

The other thing that professor questioned me on was saying that my dad was the hardest working man I had ever met. That was and still is true also.

I learned from Dad to enjoy going places and seeing new things. I have been a few places in America and other parts of the world: Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Florida, New York, California, Belize, Costa Rica, Caribbean, Southern Africa (Zimbabwe).

0 comments: