CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Memories of Granpa - Daidrie

I have lots of fond memories of Grandpa. One of them is when Grandma would open a bottle of her pickles and I would take the pepper out of the bottle, take it to Grandpa and say, “Close your eyes and open your mouth and I’ll give you a big surprise” and put the pepper in his mouth. He’d cough and choke and make a big scene, making me laugh. He always acted like he didn’t like them, but I think he secretly loved them. I remember Grandpa pouring cold water on me to try to get me up in the morning when I spent the night. I remember straw huts and rodeos with the calves. I remember throwing rocks in the river and trying to skip rocks. I remember roasting hot dogs or tin foil dinners in the Deep Woods and playing on the sandbar. One of my favorite games was “Crows and Cranes.” We had a lot of fun by the river. I remember Grandpa letting me drive when we were in the field which I thought was so fun. I loved going “fast over the bump” when Grandpa was driving and we were all in the back of the pickup. We all loved that! I don’t remember Grandpa getting mad at us more than once or twice. Grandpa is the best Grandpa!

I love you
Daidrie

0 comments: